With the holiday season winding down, the age-old “lose weight” and “eat healthier” resolutions are around the corner. Why not try to make good on those resolutions by cutting them into more manageable pieces? It could actually work!
Here are 5 do-able New Year’s resolutions for a healthier you all year.
1) Learn to brew the perfect cup of tea.
2) Master the art of the stir-fry.
Here’s a perfect way to turn a random assortment of vegetables and protein into a delicious and healthy meal.
3) STOP cooking everything in olive oil.
If you’re cooking over high heat, don’t choose olive oil. Olive oil has a lower smoke point—the point at which an oil literally begins to smoke (olive oil’s is between 365° and 420°F) –faster than some other oils. When you heat olive oil to its smoke point, the beneficial compounds in oil start to degrade, and potentially health-harming compounds form.
4) Looking for a New Year’s breakfast that’s special but won’t put you in a food coma? Try Blueberry Pancakes. Blueberries not only add natural sweetness, but pack in antioxidants as well.
5) Start packing your own lunch.
It’s a reasonable resolution for 2016. Having a lunchbox you love will make things easier and you’re in coltrol of what you eat.
We wish you a happy and healthy new year!
Have any other advice to share with our readers? Let us know in the commets section below or chime on Facebook!