Connect with us

Little Boy Finally Able To Breathe And Talk On His Own After 65 Surgeries Following Remote Battery Accident

Boy eats battery

Featured

Little Boy Finally Able To Breathe And Talk On His Own After 65 Surgeries Following Remote Battery Accident

When little Emmett Rauch of Peoria, Arizona, became lethargic, and feverish, doctors dismissed him as simply “being ill.” But the shocking truth behind this toddler’s tragic story will leave you speechless.

Unknown to his parents, the toddler had ingested a lithium battery from a DVD remote which shut off his airway and burned his esophagus, requiring 65 surgeries over the course of four years. It’s a miracle he survived. But after all that he is finally living the life of every other kid his age.

Boy eats battery

Photo: Imgur

Every year a reported 2,800 kids end up in emergency rooms after swallowing button cell batteries.

Boy eats battery

Photo: Imgur

Just a few weeks ago, a family found themselves in every parent’s worst nightmare after two-year-old daughter, Brianna Florer tragically died after swallowing a small silver button cell battery. It’s simply heartbreaking.

Boy eats battery

Photo: Imgur

Now, Emmet’s parents, Karla and Michael Rauch, are determined to share their story and have teamed with Safe Kids and National Poison Control to raise awareness about the dangers presented by batteries

Boy eats battery

Photo: Imgur

Michelle Chacon, a nurse who cared for Emmett, said she has seen several cases of children swallowing batteries and that “more should be done to make families aware of the household danger.”

Boy eats battery

Photo: Imgur

Emmett, now 5, had his tracheotomy tube removed in December, after a long battle that at times seemed impossible. But after 65 surgeries over the course of four years, he is finally able to eat real food, speak, play soccer and live the life of every other kid his age.

The video below has more on Emmet’s miraculous recovery.

Please SHARE this important story with all your friends and family to help prevent such tragedies from happening to other children.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Featured

Trending Posts

Advertisement
Advertisement
To Top