Connect with us

Heartbreaking Video Shows Toddler Trying To Wake Her Mom Who Passed Out From Drug Overdose

drug overdose

Health

Heartbreaking Video Shows Toddler Trying To Wake Her Mom Who Passed Out From Drug Overdose

A shocking video emerged online Wednesday showing a mother passed out from an apparent overdose as her young daughter watched in horror. Police in Lawrence, Massachusetts, released the video, which shows the mother on the floor of a Family Dollar as her daughter desperately tries to wake her up.

“It’s heartbreaking. This is definitely evidence that shows what addiction can do to someone and what happens when they use these types of narcotics,” Lawrence Police Chief James Fitzpatrick said.

According to Fitzpatrick, officers found residue and paraphernalia consistent with either fentanyl or heroin in the mother’s bag. She was revived and then transported to Lawrence General Hospital. Police said she will be charged with child endangerment.

The 2-year-old girl was taken into custody by the Department of Children and Families, Fitzpatrick said.

“I think it’s indicative of so many things going on in our society now,” said Deanna Cruz, who helps run an opioid prevention program for Merrimack Valley.

Cruz added: “We are all impacted by this epidemic. If not personally, you or a loved one. If you are out in society today, you are potentially going to be exposed to an overdose.”

Watch the shocking moment in the clip below posted by Inside Edition, and please share it to bring awareness to this national epidemic.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Health

Trending Posts

Advertisement
Advertisement
To Top