He Was Just a Toddler When A Common Mistake Took His Life. Now, Mom Wants To Warn Others

Curren Collas, from West Chester, Pennsylvania, was just a toddler — silly and quick to smile, with a silky blonde mop that swept sideways across his forehead in the style of a teenage pop star. But he had those soulful blue eyes that made him seem older than his two years, his mother Jackie Callas often says.

The grief-stricken mother didn’t hear her son’s contagious laughter on the morning of Feb. 25, 2014. It wasn’t until she opened the door to his room that she realized something was wrong. There was the blonde wood dresser she’d bought just days earlier, fallen on its front. And there was Curren trapped between it and the bed, his face purple and his body unbearably still.

In June 2014, a 23-month old child from Snohomish, Washington, died after a 30¾ inch chest of three drawers tipped over onto the child. In both cases, the drawers were not secured to the wall.

The most important responsibility any new parent face is keeping their child safe. The problem is, there are simply more dangers out there than any one person can learn about and prepare for. We can all do our best to spread the message, though, especially when it comes to household safety.

Watch the safety video below and please SHARE it with every parent you know. It could save a life.

Share on FacebookTweet This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *