A family became devastated when the power went out at their home because their son needs an electrically powered ventilator to stay alive. But they soon came across an angel that would help out.
Christy Stone is a 49-year-old mother from Clinton Township, Michigan. Her 18-year-old son, Troy Stone, suffers from Duchenne muscular dystrophy and relies on an electrically powered ventilator to stay alive.
The family came across $1,023 electric bill and knew that they would be unable to pay it in time. Christy and her family had been struggling lately with money due to the medical bills, especially since their other son also suffers from muscular dystrophy.
One day the power went out at her house, she began to panic. Christy knew she only had a couple hours to get her son to the hospital before it was too late.
Christy explains to ABC News, “The batteries only last a few hours on both of [the ventilators].”
She decided to call 911 for help. A firefighter named Ryan McCuen received her call. He was touched by her story and wanted to help. He then did the unexpected.
“When she explained the unpaid bill, her family’s situation and how she didn’t know what to do, it was a no-brainer for me,” McCuen tells ABC. McCuen paid off the family’s power bill.
The electricity was back on in 20 minutes.
Take a look at the video below.
Please SHARE this story with your friends and family.
Share on FacebookTweet This